The City of Costa Mesa actively supports its military and veteran community. City staff, along with residents and volunteers, provide assistance and resources to veterans, as well as honor current and past military personnel residents.
Some of the past efforts have included:
- Adoption of the D-Company, 2-25 Aviation Regiment of the United States Army;
- Adoption of the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines Regiment (1/5);
- Establishing military banner programs including active military and the 1/5;
- Coordinating the restoration of the airplane at Lions Park;
- Fundraisers to benefit the Veterans Memorial Museum;
- Assisting in reestablishing American Legion Post 455 in Costa Mesa;
- Volunteering at events such as the Halfway Deployment Celebration Dinner, Trunk or Treat at Camp Pendleton, and Family Fun Days;
- Neighborhood Improvement Task Force outreach and assistance to homeless veterans
- Collecting items and shipping care packages to deployed Marines; and
- Attending events at Vanguard University's Veterans Resource Center.
For information about military and veteran support and/or inquiries on how you can donate funds or assist the City's adopted Marines, please contact Dan Baker at (714) 754-5156 or email@example.com.