Welcome to the Costa Mesa Police Department Online Citizen Police Report System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system, you are able to submit a report on the below incidents immediately online. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Costa Mesa City limits?
- There is NO suspect information?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
- You have a return email address to contact you?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please call Communications at (714) 754-5252 or visit the Front desk of the Costa Mesa Police Department at 99 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa CA, 92626.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Up to two (2) images (combined size not to exceed 1mb) can be attached to Hit & Run, Non-Injury Traffic Accident, and Vandalism Reports.
- Supplemental Reports can be made by accessing the incident type link of the original report.
- Per California Penal Code Section 148.5, filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Costa Mesa Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
- Annoying / Harassing Phone Call
- Hit & Run
- Lost Property
- Non-Injury Traffic Accident
- Theft From Vehicle