On Nov. 6, Costa Mesa residents will vote on two local issues: 1) Which three residents will serve four-year terms on the Costa Mesa City Council? and 2) Should a proposed City Charter should be adopted (detailed information on the charter measure can be found here)?
The council seats up for election are currently held by Mayor Eric Bever (who cannot run again because of term limits), and Council Members Gary Monahan and Steve Mensinger.
Links to Costa Mesa election information
- City Council candidate and Political Action Committee (PAC) campaign disclosure statements
- File an election issue/concern
- Election sign rules
- Watch City Council Candidate Forum (Mesa Verde Community Inc., Aug. 29, 2012)
- Watch City Council Candidate Forum (Feet to the Fire, Sept. 5, 2012)
- Watch Proposed City Charter Forum (Feet to the Fire, Oct. 15, 2012)
- Watch City Council Candidate Forum (Eastside CM Homeowners Group, Oct. 18, 2012)
The following table provides basic information and public documents on the eight candidates in the race.