Until further notice, Costa Mesa City Hall is CLOSED to the public in keeping with Governor Newsom’s direction regarding COVID-19.
Development Services will continue to offer services online, and via email, telephone or conference line in order to follow the Governor’s guidance and reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. Please see below for more information:
Building Permits Applications and Plancheck
We will continue to accept building permits applications electronically for certain types of permits. Online building permit application materials can be found here. Please contact the building division to find out how new submittals, resubmittals, and revisions can be submitted: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit Building Permit Applications electronically:
Building Inspection Request Line
The mission of the Building Division is to provide quality services to the community. The Building Division promotes and insures that all new structures is constructed in accordance with the highest standards and all existing structures is maintained in a safe condition.
- Building Division Office Location, and Phone Directory
- Directory of Local Contractors
- General Information - (Construction Standards, Frequently Asked Questions, Activity Report, Permit Application etc.)
- Information Handouts / Forms
- Inspection List
- Inspection Services - (When to call for Inspections, How to Request an Inspection etc.)
- Monthly Activity Report
- Plan Check Services - (Plan Check Submitter Requirements, Permit Processing, Fee estimates, Design criteria etc.)
- Tools and Fee Estimators
- Useful Links - (County Offices, International Code Council, Building Standards Commission, California Building Officials, State Contractor's License etc.)
- Weekly Permits Issued