Until further notice, Costa Mesa City Hall is CLOSED to the public in keeping with Governor Newsom’s direction regarding COVID-19.
Development Services will continue to offer services online, and via email, telephone or conference line in order to follow the Governor’s guidance and reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. For assistance, please call or email:
|Housing and Community Development||(714) 754-5245
Housing and Community Development (HCD) is responsible for planning and managing several federal and state grants, including the Community Development Block Grant, the HOME Partnership Grant, and the Low-Mod Housing Fund.HCD utilizes the above funds to administer several Council approved programs and projects including the following:
- Affordable Housing Projects: HCD negotiates and manages new affordable housing projects. This includes project development, Requests for Proposals, pro forma analysis, completion of Affordable Housing Agreements and implementation, and ongoing monitoring of agreements.
- Single Family Rehabilitation Loans and Grant Program: HCD assists approximately 20 homeowners annually with interior and exterior property improvements, including code and building violations, lead based paint hazards, and other repairs.
- CAL HOME Loan Program: HCD assists homeowners with interior and exterior property improvements, including code and building violations, plumbing, electrical, roofing, lead based paint hazards, and other repairs.
- Public Services Program: HCD funds assist approximately 2,800 residents annually though public service grants. Administrative staff coordinates and implements public service grants as allocated by the City Council and funded through the Community Development Block Grant. Public service grants are awarded to nonprofits that provide social services to the City’s low income residents.
- Community Development Block Grant & Home Grant Administration: HCD administers, coordinates, and implements the City’s HUD grant programs. The administration includes the provision of fair housing services, preparation of the federally required Annual Action Plan, Annual Performance Report, 5-year Consolidated Plan, and reconciliation with City Finance Department.
- Low-Mod Administration: HCD performs the annual monitoring and inspection of 132 affordable housing units. Administration also includes Annual State Financial Report, General Plan Update, and Implementation Plan.
- Code Enforcement: HCD funds 2 full-time code enforcement officers and 1 full-time office specialist. Code staff enforces municipal codes in the target areas related to land use, property maintenance, and signs. Such enforcement may be the result of complaints received.
- Notice Citizen Participation Plan and 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan/2019-2020 Annual Action Plan Amendments
- 2018-2019 Annual Performance & Evaluation Report
- CDBG Public Service Grant Applications
- 2020-2021 Public Services Grant Application - (APPLICATION DUE January 28, 2020)
- 2019-2020 Annual Action Plan
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan
- Housing Authority
- Neighborhood Improvement Programs - (HOUSING REHAB)
- Public Service Grant Program
- Successor Agency to the Costa Mesa Redevelopment Agency
- 16 OC Cities Regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Draft 2020-2024 Orange County Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (5-5-20)