Updated as of March 23, 2020
Notice of Availability (NOA):
NOTE: The public review period for the Draft EIR has been extended for an additional seven days. For details, please click here.
The Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be available for public review and comment beginning on February 7th, 2020 and ending at 5:00 p.m. on March 30, 2020.
For a copy of the project’s NOA, please click here.
Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR):
To view the Draft EIR electronically, please click here.
The appendices for the Draft EIR are listed below:
- Appendix A – Notice of Preparation (NOP)
- Appendix B – NOP Comments
- Appendix C – Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Impact Analysis
- Appendix D – Cultural Resources Survey Report
- Appendix E – Preliminary Geotechnical Investigation
- Appendix F – Paleontological Resources Assessment
- Appendix G – Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix H – Asbestos Survey
- Appendix I – Preliminary Hydrology Report
- Appendix J – Preliminary Water Quality Management Plan
- Appendix K – Noise and Vibration Impact Analysis
- Appendix L – Public Services and Utilities Correspondence
- Appendix M – Traffic Impact Analysis
- Appendix N – Water Supply Assessment
- Appendix O – Biological Resources Technical Memorandum and Tree Removal Plan
Other Project Documents
- One Metro West Specific Plan
- One Metro West Master Plan
- One Metro West Planning Application
- One Metro West Applicant Letter
The proposed mixed-use One Metro West Project consists of the development of 15.23 acres located at 1683 Sunflower Avenue which includes:
- residential with up to 1,057 rental dwelling units,
- 6,000 square feet of specialty retail,
- 25,000 square feet of creative office, and
- recreational uses.
The proposed development and the associated entitlements including the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be subject to final review and approval by the City Council.
Notice of Preparation (NOP):
The NOP will be available for a 30-day public comment period from May 23, 2019 through June 21, 2019.
For a copy of the project's NOP, please click here.
To email comments in response to the NOP, please click here.
The proposed project requires the preparation of an EIR and the following entitlements: a General Plan Amendment, a Zone Change, a Specific Plan, a Master Plan, a Development Agreement, and a Tentative Tract Map. The City of Costa Mesa is preparing the project-level EIR.
General Plan Screening: At the March 5, 2019 City Council meeting, City Council approved the General Plan Screening which allows the proposed project to move forward with the environmental and entitlement review process. To view the City Council staff reports and minutes for the project's General Plan Screening, please see the links below:
EIR: The Notice of Preparation period for the project's EIR will begin on Thursday, May 23, 2019 and will end on Friday, June 21, 2019. The public scoping meeting will be held on June 5, 2019 at the Costa Mesa Senior Center. For more information on the public scoping meeting, please refer to here. This is the first step of preparation of a Draft EIR which is anticipated to be circulated for public review in late 2019.
Planning Commission and City Council: The final EIR and associated entitlements will be presented to the Planning Commission and other City Committees (including the Bikeway and Walkability Committee and Parks, Arts and Community Services Commission) to, as appropriate, make a recommendation to the City Council. The City Council is the final approval body for the proposed project.
Measure Y: Pursuant to Measure Y, after final approval by the City Council, including all CEQA review, the voters of the City must then approve the project at either a general or special election.