2020 DEADLINE: JULY 3, 2020
Share your creativity with the City of the Arts by participating in the Parks and Community Services Department Photo Contest! Photographers of all ages are able to enter high resolution images focusing on pets, parks, or programs. Contact the Costa Mesa Parks and Community Services Department at (714) 754-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contest Rules and Requirements
Only one photo per contest theme can be entered. Digital formats accepted are .JPG or .PNG and should have an image size minimum of 8x10”. Hard copies will not be accepted. Photos should be high quality, well lit, and have a dpi of 300 or higher. Photograph title submitted is final. File names should be as follows: Category_ContestantName_PhotographTitle.
In the message area, please include a caption that describes each photo.
Contestants of all ages are able to submit photos. A parent or guardian will need to sign their child’s Photo Contest Entry Agreement.
A Photo Contest Entry Agreement and all Photo Contest Releases should be completed in full and submitted with the contest entry. A Photo Contest Photo Release is required if there are identifiable people in the photo.
PETS: Photo should be of your own pet at a location in Costa Mesa, the Bark Park, or of Bark Park events.
PARKS: Photo should be of a Costa Mesa park, green space, garden, or field.
PROGRAMS: Photo should be of any Costa Mesa Parks and Community Services Program, event, or any effort put forth by a Costa Mesa Parks and Community Services Commission. The person taking a photo must be attending the contract class or program. Or, they must be an adult who is linked on ActiveNet as a family member of the child attending.
Your submission will be disqualified if it does not meet the rules and requirements as well as:
- The photo contains material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights.
- The photo contains material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, give rise to civil liability, violate the law, or is otherwise inappropriate. Advocates, promotes or represents the sale or use of tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, firearms, or weapons.
- The photo contains messages in support of, or opposition to, any political candidate or ballot measure.
- The photo contains religious messages or advocates or promotes religious beliefs.
- Disrupting the contract class or program in session, including violation of the Civility Conduct Policy and/or creating a hazardous environment for the class to take place.
- Photographer is taking photos of a class that they are not participating in. This includes refunding or transferring out of the contract class or program at a later time than the photo was taken.
QUARTERLY JUDGING: will be conducted by the Costa Mesa Parks and Community Services Department. Quarterly winners will move onto the final round of judging.
YEARLY JUDGING: Quarterly winners will then judged online by the public to be displayed at the yearly ARTventure event.
QUARTERLY: The contestant’s photo will be used for a following season’s Recreation Guide. The contest winners and their photos will also be recognized on various Parks & Community Services online platforms. Quarterly contest winners will also have the opportunity to be voted on by the public for display at the yearly ARTventure event.
YEARLY: The contestant's photo will be displayed at the yearly ARTventure event and recognized on various Parks & Community Services online platforms.