The City of Costa Mesa has pledged to be one of the most transparent government entities in the United States, believing that its citizens have the right to see how the public’s business is being conducted. As part of this objective, the City began publishing in 2011 a detailed city employee compensation report.
Over the months, the City has received input from the public on how to make the report more reader friendly by creating easier-to-understand categories of pay and benefits, along with a glossary of terms. We’ve incorporated those suggestions in the latest edition of the report.
This information provided by the City of Costa Mesa exceeds what is commonly made available to the public on employee compensation, but we’re always looking to improve. Should you identify an employee compensation report in use in another community that you feel merits our consideration, please send the reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas R. Hatch
Chief Executive Officer
Public Employee Compensation Reports
- Public Employee Compensation Report 2013 [PDF]
- Public Employee Compensation Report 2013 [XLS]
- City Council Compensation 2013
- Public Employee Compensation Report 2012 [PDF]
- Public Employee Compensation Report 2012 [XLS]
- City Council Compensation 2012